FEC Announces Addition of Roy Fire Consulting, Inc. Fire and Explosion Consultants, LLC
IAAI-Evidence Collection Technician Practicum at FEC!
FEC will host a certification practicum for the IAAI-ECT certification in November 2018.
If you are interested in obtaining your IAAI-ECT certification, please visit www.firearson.com.
To become an IAAI-ECT, the applicant must meet the following requirements within the five years preceding the application:
- Have a minimum of 18 months of general experience in a fire investigation related industry
- Have collected 12 items of forensic evidence (must be supported with documentation)
- Complete a minimum of 29 hours of tested training, including the following mandatory classes from CFITrainer.Net®:
- DNA (3 hours)
- Documenting the Event (4 hours)
- Ethics and the Fire Investigator (3 hours)
- Evidence Examination: What Happens at the Lab? (4 hours)
- Introduction to Evidence (4 hours)
- NFPA 1033 and Your Career (2 hours)
- Physical Evidence at the Fire Scene (4 hours)
- The Practical Application of the Relationship Between NFPA 1033 and NFPA 921 (2 hours)
- The Scientific Method for Fire and Explosion Investigation (3 hours)
- Pass all critical elements and achieve a minimum score of 70% on each of the 10 components of a practical exam. Practical examinations are scheduled periodically throughout the year and will be listed on the training page.